Who doesn’t love Rice Krispie treats?
Total: 20 min
Prep: 10 min
Yields: 12 servings
3 tablespoons butter
1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
— OR —
4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
Food Coloring (Optional)
In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated. Add food color if you want to make them fun! Fold in but not to much to mix the colors.
Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Melt chocolate chips. Drizzle over the top of the Rice Krispie treats. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares.
Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
– For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
– 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
– Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
– Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.
– To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks.
Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
Love our recipes!? Follow us! Click “Follow” on the bottom right corner! We would love to share with you!