Quick easy meal for the work week!
Prep: 5 min
Cook: 10 min
Servings: 4 people
1 1/2 lb (650g) sirloin steak, sliced against the grain
2 broccoli heads, cut into florets
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons butter or ghee
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/4 cup (60ml) low-sodium beef broth
1/4 cup chopped parsley + or garnish
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
Fresh thyme, for garnish
The steak marinade:
1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce (or coconut amino if you’re strictly paleo)
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce (or any hot chili sauce you like)
- Combine the ingredients for the marinade (soy sauce, olive oil and hot sauce) in a shallow plate or bowl. Add the steak strips into the marinade and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to one hour.
- In the meantime, wash and break down the broccoli heads into florets. Blanch the florets into boiling water for 1 or 2 minutes, then rinse with cold water.
- Bring the steak to room temperature and heat oil and one tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat — reserve the juices of the marinade for later. Sear the steak strips in batches for 1-2 minutes each side until edges are crispy and browned, adding extra oil if needed. Remove the steak strips from the skillet and set aside to a plate.
- Using the same skillet, lower the heat to medium. Melt 2 tablespoons butter, then add lemon juice, minced garlic, beef broth, and remaining marinade juices. Bring to a simmer then stir in the fresh parsley and broccoli florets and toss regularly until the sauce a reduced and the broccoli is cooked to your liking.
- Add the steak strips back to the pan to reheat quickly. Serve immediately with thyme, chili flakes, more parsley, and lemon slices. Enjoy!
If your steak strips are very thin, sear quickly so not to dry up the meat.
You can also cook your steak whole to the desired doneness, have it rest for a couple of minutes, then cut into strips afterward.
If you want broccoli more tender, cut up the florets in half before cooking
If you want more sauce, double the ingredients for the marinade.
Be careful with soy sauce, some brands are saltier than others. Make sure to use low-sodium.
💗 stir fry
It was excellent! Something different! 🙂 Please try and let us know what you think!